Google is seeking a Patent Litigation Counsel to work in its New York offices. As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
• Work closely with various legal group members having substantive knowledge relevant to particular disputes.
• Partner with outside counsel to take an active role in litigation and third party disputes, determining dispute resolution strategies.
• Draft pleadings and discovery requests, take and defend depositions, and develop the infrastructure required to prevent disputes from arising.
• 3 years broad-based litigation experience, including intellectual property and technology matters.
• Must be active and in good standing in at least one State Bar in the United States.
• BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
• USPTO admission.
• 10 years of relevant experience.
• Experience with strategically addressing legal complaints, writing re-exams, and experience with (and understanding of) the online industry.
• Demonstrated ability to draft pleadings and motions and take and defend depositions.
• Demonstrated leadership and management of cases.
For immediate consideration please apply at the following URL:
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: New York, New York