Brookstone, one of the nation’s most exciting specialty retailers, known for its high-quality, innovative products and gift ideas, is searching for Intellectual Property Counsel to work in our Merrimack, NH Headquarters location. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic and challenging environment where you’ll have the opportunity to help shape a leading national brand and also enjoy a competitive salary/benefits package that includes a generous store discount. EOE
To assist the General Counsel in providing intellectual property advice and services to the Company. This position will dedicate substantial time to patent, trademark and product development matters.
• Develop and maintain a Company-wide intellectual property strategy
• Responsible for patent clearance projects for new products.
• Patent prosecution (design and utility)
• Provide guidance to product development, merchandising, advertising and store
operations teams regarding intellectual property concerns in their respective
areas, including IP due diligence and freedom to operate
• Drafting and reviewing licensing agreements and other documents relating to
various inbound and outbound licensing arrangements.
• Management of IP litigation matters
• Assisting the General Counsel and the Company with various other legal issues
and projects as they arise.
Education & Experience:
• B.A. or B.S. and J.D. degrees from accredited institutions; State and Patent bar membership
• NH bar membership.
• The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years experience as a lawyer preferably with some law firm and in-house intellectual property experience.
• The lawyer need not have broad experience in every category listed above, but must be willing to learn these areas as applicable.
• Very strong writing and draftsmanship skills are required.
• Strong communications skills are a must.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with a strategic and practical approach to addressing intellectual property related issues and concerns.
Note: Regular and reliable attendance is a basic requirement of this position.
Qualified candidates may apply online at hr@Brookstone.com. Please include in the title of the email the position you are applying for and your name. Also include a cover letter, resume and salary history/expectation. Job Reference: 16-12.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire
Brookstone is committed to providing Customers with unique products that solve common problems in uncommon ways. And this philosophy translates into a corporate culture that’s collaborative, creative and receptive to new ideas.