DIRECTV is seeking a Senior Patent Analysis Counsel to work in its El Segundo, California offices. As a member of the Corporate Business and Legal Affairs Department, will provide support and assistance for various intellectual property matters through:
• Analyzing third party assertions including offers to license, cease and desist letters and infringement allegations.
• Generating and/or obtaining legal opinions.
• Exploiting the DIRECTV patent portfolio including defensive and licensing-out activities.
• Analyzing IP acquisition and sales opportunities.
• Drafting and reviewing IP contract provisions.
• Supporting patent litigation activities.
Preferred candidates will possess:
• Experience: Six or more years of patent prosecution and litigation in law firm and/or in-house corporate environments. Prior engineering experience is a plus.
• Education: J.D. from a highly recognized law school and Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• Licensing/Certifications: Registered Patent Attorney and Member of the California Bar.
In addition, candidates must have the proven organizational and multitasking skills to manage projects with tight deadlines, be able to exhibit sound judgment and attention to detail, possess excellent analytical and communication skills and be team players and self starters who can successfully work independently in a highly dynamic environment.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://DIRECTV.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1101847&src=JB-10292.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: El Segundo, California