Axiom, a modern alternative to the traditional law firm and one of the nation's fastest growing private companies, is hiring attorneys to join our nationwide patent prep and pros practice.
Alums of the nation’s best law firms and corporate law departments, Axiom Attorneys work in a uniquely integrated way with our predominantly Fortune 100 client base. In Axiom they’ve found variety, interesting work, and the chance to be a legal pioneer.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Exceptional academic and law firm credentials; in-house experience with Fortune 500 company strongly preferred.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or computer sciences strongly preferred.
• 7+ years of patent preparation and prosecution experience, specifically substantial experience conducting proceedings before the USPTO, including several interferences under the old and new rules, reexamination proceedings, public use and protest proceedings, appeals and foreign oppositions.
• Experience evaluating of invention disclosure; searching prior art references; interviewing inventors; drafting applications; filing IDS; responding to office actions; conducting examiner interviews; appealing final decisions; conducting interferences; conducting protests and public use proceedings, and prosecuting reissue and reexamination applications.
• Must possess excellent interaction skills with executive management; senior business personnel; business teams; inventors; and general counsels.
• Must possess experience managing a large patent portfolio.
• Knowledge of computer science, electrical engineering or information retrieval, either through undergraduate degree or industry experience preferred.
• Active membership in at least one state bar and registration with USPTO required.
Apply online by visiting this link: https://searchlight.cluen.com/E5/(S(i3fayk45nutdidiuwezis355))/Login.aspx?URLKey=7xl7vhxw&type=logoff. Please specify Patently-O Jobs in the “how did you hear about us” section. For more information about our firm, please visit www.axiomlaw.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Remote (anywhere)