Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses. With a deep and broad pipeline of potential new medicines, we continue to advance science to serve patients.
This role will be involved in patent application drafting and prosecution, research and licensing agreements, legal opinions and strategies, trademark and copyright matters, and potentially patent litigation support.
The role will be responsible for identifying patentable subject matter; drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications; developing legal strategies relating to products and product candidates; analyzing patents and preparing infringement, validity and freedom-to-operate opinions; conducting due diligence in support of licensing activities; negotiate and draft research agreements; and provide advice and counsel to R&D and business personnel on a variety of IP related matters.
Will work individually and in legal teams and cross-functional R&D and business teams.
• JD degree from an accredited law school and admission to practice law required
• 4 Years of experience practicing patent or intellectual property law
• 10 plus years of experience preferred
• Experience in all aspects of U.S. and foreign intellectual property law relating to biotechnology, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry with a law firm or corporation.
• An advanced degree or experience in biology is considered a plus.
• Excellent analytic, legal drafting and oral and written communication skills.
• Strong management and leadership skills as well as a strong client service focus and the ability to work independently and in teams, efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment
Position may be based in either our Thousand Oaks or San Francisco, CA locations. Amgen's outstanding compensation package features comprehensive benefits. We invite you to become a vital part of the extraordinary process at Amgen. To learn more about this position and to apply online, please visit www.amgen.com/careers and search job #13691BR.
As an EEO/AA employer, Amgen values a diverse combination of perspectives and cultures. M/F/D/V.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Thousand Oaks or San Francisco, California