MacMillan, Sobanski & Todd, LLC is searching for a Registered Patent Attorney specializing in Molecular Biology.
Requirements for this position are:
• Minimum of 5 years of patent prosecution or related experience
• Technical expertise in genetics, molecular biology, and biochemistry
• A college degree in biology or related field
• Membership to a state bar
• Registration with USPTO as a patent attorney
Preferred attributes of a candidate for this position are:
• Patent drafting and/or lab experience with microRNA, SNPs, biomarker assays, diagnostics, biologics, plant patents, plant extracts, small molecules, and vaccines
• Experience with university technology transfer
• Membership to Ohio, Michigan, or Colorado state bar
• Willingness to work in the Toledo, Ohio, or Fort Collins, Colorado office
No book of business is required. Compensation is either a salary or a percent of billings arrangement, depending on experience. Bonuses are available, based on performance. MacMillan, Sobanski & Todd, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and provides a comprehensive benefit package, including a 401K and profit sharing retirement plan.
The position is for either Toledo, Ohio, or Fort Collins, Colorado, although telecommuting arrangements would be considered for very qualified applicants.
Depending on experience, the work will involve the following areas: patent application preparation and prosecution (60%); counseling of clients and portfolio management (25%); opinions (freedom to operate, validity and infringement) (5%); agreements and licensing (5%); and due diligence (5%).
MacMillan Sobanski & Todd provides our clients with practical guidance in formulating and implementing IP strategy. Our growing practice involves working closely with our clients as a team to capture and protect key emerging technology. We spend the time with clients necessary to understand potential opportunities and provide solutions for their intellectual property issues. The technology of our clients is cutting edge, requiring creative effort to fully and properly protect the new innovations.
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume, along with a cover letter to:
Recruitment Manager at: email@example.com.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Toledo, Ohio or Fort Collins, Colorado