ONDA TECHNO is a leading Japanese IP firm with over 40 years of history. Our main office is located in Gifu city and we have branch offices in Tokyo, Osaka and Shanghai, China. We are seeking a U.S. patent attorney with an electrical engineering background and at least five years experience of prosecuting patent applications. State bar and patent bar registration is required.
The candidate will be stationed in our Tokyo office and his or her responsibilities shall include:
(1) Preparing, revising and checking English language patent specifications.
(2) Prosecuting US patent applications, as well as preparing invalidity, infringement, and search analyses.
(3) Consultation services for our clients (including providing expert opinions).
(4) Giving lectures and seminars for our clients held by our firm regarding the field of US intellectual property matters.
(5) Writing articles on U.S. patent law for Trade Journals and a Newsletter published by our firm.
(6) Other services relating to intellectual property matters.
The salary is commensurate with experience. The position offers the opportunity to learn about Japanese IP practice and to work with our major Japanese corporations.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Tokyo, Japan