At Amazon, we are not just looking for people who want to be part of a business. We are searching for people who want to build businesses. Amazon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Corporate Counsel to join our Patents team in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you have a passion for patents and want to be part of a cutting edge technology team, this is the place for you. You will be involved with managing our worldwide patent portfolio, you will engage in client counseling, liaising with outside counsel to manage filing, and the prosecuting and maintaining of US and foreign patents. Responsibilities include working with software development engineers to determine patentability, handling pre-litigation patent disputes and inquiries, and managing opinion work and patent licensing.
Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Amazon Technologies, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com. Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth's Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
• Experience in technology areas including: web services, digital media, search, e-commerce, and business methods patents
• 4+ years of relevant legal experience, including at least 3 years of patent prosecution experience, with a strong understanding of software and internet patents.
• Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required.
• Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
• In house experience preferred, but not required.
• Understanding of a wide variety of technology areas including: web services, digital media, e-commerce and business method patents.
• Ability to identify effective methods of protecting intellectual property created from software, hardware and internet related products and services.
• Effective oral and written communication skills in communicating business and intellectual property issues with and between developers, engineers and business leaders.
• Ability to be responsible for intellectual property related activities for at least one business segment, including training, idea harvesting, patent application preparation and prosecution and addressing third party issues in a fast paced, frugal environment.
• Have personally prepared and prosecuted at least 20 e-commerce/internet related patent applications.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online by visiting this link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/jobs/207403/ref=j_sr_1_t?ie=UTF8&category=Legal&jobSearchKeywords=corporate%20counsel%20patents&location=*&page=1.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Las Vegas, Nevada