Roche is seeking a Patent Attorney to work in its in Pleasanton, California offices.
- Works with scientific staff in preparing and prosecuting patent applications in biotechnology and chemical art areas, conducts prior art searches, and provides freedom of operation analyses. Assist with appeal and interference proceedings.
- Prepares, files and prosecutes patent applications to obtain the broadest scope of protection.
- Provides assistance in appeals, interference, reissues, reexaminations, validity and/or infringement analyses and litigation.
- Conducts, reviews, analyzes state-of-the-art searches, assess patentability, determine scope of invention and develop patenting strategy.
- Prepare, review, and revise routine patent-related agreements.
- Manages patent docket, and cooperates with Basel on foreign patent filing and actions.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
- J.D degree.
- MS or Ph.D. in Life Sciences or Chemistry preferred.
- 3 to 4 years’ experience prosecuting in U.S. and foreign patent applications in the biotechnology or chemical art area.
- State Bar; Registration before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- California Bar preferred.
- Travel up to 20% of the time (domestic and/or international).
Who we are
At Roche, 85,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The next step is yours. To apply online today and to learn about other exciting positions, please go to: http://careers.roche.com and enter Job ID #2970454723 in the “Keyword” box underneath the Global Job Search field. Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Pleasanton, California