Kinze Manufacturing is seeking a corporate counsel. Provide legal counsel to Kinze ownership, senior management and business units for the following areas: marketing and advertising, business and commercial transactions, intellectual property, litigation, franchise and distribution, antitrust, real estate, and mergers and acquisitions. Cost-effective management and coordination of counsel retained by Kinze for legal matters.
This position requires the ability to work closely with business units to provide fast, accurate, and business-savvy legal counsel to the company and commitment to Kinze’s Mission Statement and Core Values. Additionally, this position requires vision and a differentiated value proposition for its customers - Kinze business units - with the capability of demonstrating and measuring value to Kinze and Kinze’s bottom line.
Position Duties and Accountabilities
- Manage Kinze intellectual property portfolio, including analyzing, developing and implementing IP strategies and policies; Prepare patent applications and trademark applications; Conduct patent and trademark searches and freedom-to-operate evaluations; Advise and counsel Kinze ownership, senior management and business units on intellectual property acquisition, protection, and enforcement; Counsel senior management, as well as work directly with engineers, to help shape the development of innovative new products.
- Prepare contracts, agreements and other legal documents, and policies for compliance with state and federal law; Perform and manage negotiations of agreements with suppliers, contractors, and partners.
- Advise and counsel Kinze ownership, senior management and business units on matters involving legal interpretation and decisions related to Kinze activities, policy questions and regulations.
- Cost-effective management and coordination of outside counsel retained by Kinze for legal matters, including managing and tracking budgets, evaluation of fees, and case disposition.
- Advise and counsel Kinze ownership and senior management on commercial transactions including the acquisition and disposition of businesses and major assets, and commercial contract disputes.
- Conduct research of state and federal legislation and administrative and court decisions; Research legal problems and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural or mechanical engineering
- Juris Doctorate
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state. Admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in patent and trademark prosecution, litigation and business and commercial transaction. A minimum of 6 years’ experience in department management
- Possess knowledge of related legal fields, litigation, franchise and distribution law, antitrust, real estate, and mergers and acquisitions; Experience with mechanical patent prosecution, contract work and technology licensing as well as intellectual property strategy development and implementation.
- Excellent analytical, writing and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage a large number and variety of mission-critical projects, independently and often in ambiguous environments under deadline pressure; Ability to coordinate the work of others on projects and assign work to and assist less experienced legal professionals or staff.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word & Excel, Proficient at legal research on Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw and other online legal research platforms
- Basic clerical skills, establishing daily priorities, handling highly confidential information with discretion, maintain control of files of legal matters
- Exceptional written communication and negotiation skills. And oral communication and negotiation skills
- Practical business judgment and strategic thinker, as well as common sense. Highest standards of ethics and professional integrity.
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in an informal, fast-paced environment. Capacity to envision practical solutions to the complexities of an innovative business model,
- Ability to analyze and present issues in an independent and objective manner that fosters critical evaluation and engenders trust
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters
- Must be resourceful and self-motivated, have ability to work effectively with senior management and meet their requirements as internal clients
Apply online using this link: http://www.bullhornreach.com/sites/kinzecareers/job/2100130_corporate-counsel-williamsburg-ia.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Iowa City, Iowa