At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities. We are seeking a member of the in-house Legal/Intellectual Property Team responsible for supporting the Company’s business units in intellectual property matters, with a primary focus on patent strategy development, patent prosecution/procurement, patent risk assessment and trademark guidance.
- Guide the Company’s business units in defining/executing practical patent strategies
- Actively contribute to the Company’s in-house patent procurement team
- Work with R&D, marketing and product development teams (both in the US and abroad) to review product offerings, conduct patent searches and provide guidance on the level of risk involved
- Work with Marketing/Communications, as well as the marketing teams in the business units, to identify potential trademarks and to provide legal guidance thereon
- Actively participate in the IP team’s current legal services in-sourcing initiative
- Actively contribute toward the IP team’s goals of reducing total outside expenses while increasing the efficiency and practicality of the team’s interactions with the business units
- BS degree (or higher) in engineering from an accredited US university, preferably in chemical engineering, chemistry or polymer chemistry
- JD degree (or higher) from an accredited US law school, preferably with a concentration on intellectual property law
- 4-7 years’ experience, comprising at least 1-3 years of hands-on experience preparing/prosecuting US/PCT patent applications (and related foreign patent applications), US trademark registration applications. Some experience with patent/trademark FTO preferred
- Significant experience drafting/negotiating technology transfer agreements, joint development agreements, etc.
- Licensed in good standing to practice law in at least one US state and qualified to be admitted to the Illinois Bar
- Registered in good standing to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office
- Requires thorough knowledge/use of personal computers, including Microsoft Office applications, and proficiency with legal, patent and/or technical searching software such as Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, Thomson Innovation, SAEGIS, Innography, as well as general web-based searching tools. Requires a high degree of proficiency in computerized patent/trademark searching strategies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, highly organized, tenacious, creative and possessing a keen attention to detail
Please apply online at: www.cardinalhealth.com/careers. Click on Apply Today and type in job number 20004683 in the “Job Number” search field. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Waukegan, Illinois