Agenus Biopharma is seeking an exceptional Patent Agent or Patent Attorney to join a dynamic, fast-paced, and exciting company in the immuno-oncology space. The qualified individual will have a technical background and advanced degree in immunology or a related field. 1-5 years of experience in patent preparation and prosecution as well as due diligence analyses (including freedom-to-operate and related analyses) is required. The qualified individual will be a key contributor to assisting the company in evaluating and supporting development of new technologies. The qualified individual will also perform administrative intellectual property duties as needed. Registration to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office is required. Excellent academics and strong written and oral communication skills are necessary, as this position will interface regularly with scientists and management.
- Advanced degree (PhD preferred) in immunology or related life-sciences discipline
- 1-5 years of experience in patent preparation and prosecution and IP due diligence analyses in the biologics space in a law firm or corporate setting
- Registration to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Knowledge of antibody drug development is a plus
- Experience with contested proceedings (e.g., litigation, oppositions, IPRs) is a plus
- Must have solid organizational skills and ability to think strategically and systematically, analyze complex business issues, and utilize sound judgment in deriving conclusions
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent academics
- Strong written and oral communication skills
To apply, please email Nancy O'Sullivan at email@example.com.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Lexington, Massachusetts