Gearhart Law is seeking an associate level patent attorney (Mechanical/Electrical/
Associates at Gearhart Law can expect to have a “hands on” approach that entails experience, responsibilities, and opportunities that firms typically restrict to partners. As such, the candidate must excel in a team environment and be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent business judgment, outstanding written communication skills, and the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Preferably an advanced degree (Master’s, PhD, etc. or equivalent) but will consider exceptional candidates holding a Bachelor’s or equivalent
- Industry experience preferred
- Attended/graduated from top ABA accredited law school
- Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) and admitted to practice law in at least one state, preferably NJ and/or NY
- Minimum of 2+ years of IP experience in house, or with a law firm, or total years at both
- Demonstrated experience in both patent preparation and prosecution and trademark matters
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution
- Ability to independently oversee legal matters assigned to the professional
- Work collaboratively with other colleagues
- Ability to set and meet aggressive deadlines, handle multiple complex legal matters and see projects through to conclusion
Our compensation is competitive with peer firms and commensurate with our billable hour expectations. Additional compensation is provided for any originating business and meeting certain billable hour thresholds. If interested please send your cover letter, resume, undergraduate and law school transcripts, and three writing samples to: James Klobucar (email@example.com).
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Summit, New Jersey