Unified Patents is seeking a Director of Patent Research. This position is for a passionate and independent professional who is interested in developing a new business line at Unified Patents to complement our existing ones. The candidate must be client facing, and have extensive experience doing their own patent analysis, not outsourcing.
Functions will include:
- Performing prior art searches and analysis
- Patentability analysis
- Engage in business development activities to build and maintain client relationships
- Prepare substantive client reports and analysis
- Patent portfolio development and landscaping
- Assist in patent clearance studies and other patent-related opinion projects
- Patent Landscaping
- 5 years minimum experience in doing patent analysis and prior art required.
- Proven examples of developing clients and business.
- A degree in the fields of engineering, computer science, physics, or math.
- Strong analytical, research, writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Preferred location is either SF Bay Area or Washington DC, but ability to work remotely in the US is possible.
- Experience using the latest prior art and patent analysis tools
- Programming and data analytics experience preferred.
- Competitive wages + performance based incentives
- Very generous health and vacation benefits
- Working for the only entity dedicated to improving patent quality and eliminating bad patents
To apply, please visit this website: https://www.workable.com/j/26D4F8D778.
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Washington, DC; San Francisco, California; Telecommute