3M is seeking a Patent Agent in the Office of Intellectual Property (IP) Counsel, located at its global headquarters in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The Patent Agent hired into this opportunity, will represent one or more divisions within 3M’s Electronics and Energy Business Group (EEBG).
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare and prosecute physics and optics-related patent applications in the U.S. and globally.
- Represent 3M’s interests in patent office procedures in the U.S and globally.
- Act as a direct contact for and interact with U.S. and global inventors, lab managers, patent attorneys, patent liaison, and outside patent counsel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Registered to Practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Minimum one (1) year law firm and/or in-house patent preparation and prosecution experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Physics or Optics from an accredited institution
- Experience in Physics and/or Optics
- Strong academic credentials
- At least three (3) years law firm and/or in-house patent preparation and prosecution experience
- Highly effective and persuasive written and verbal communications skills
- Results-orientated approach; personal and organizational accountability; and a collegial work style
- High energy and a dedication to responsive client service
- Uncompromising honesty and integrity
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
Travel: May include up to 10% of domestic/international travel
Relocation: Is authorized
To apply, please visit this website: https://3m.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Search/job/US-Minnesota-Maplewood/Patent-Agent--Maplewood--MN--_R00036670-1.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Maplewood, Minnesota