Mintz Levin is looking for a Patent Agent to join their Boston office. Patent Agents at Mintz Levin work side-by-side with attorneys in the Intellectual Property practice, utilizing their technical knowledge to enhance the firm’s capacity to serve our clients’ intellectual property needs.
- Assess scientific literature, patents and patent application documents. Understand, critique and provide insightful opinion on scientific data;
- Assist with patent landscapes and freedom to operate analysis in various high technology areas;
- Drafting written assessments of the prospects of obtaining patent protection;
- Drafting patent applications;
- Draft responses to communications from the United States Patent and Trademark Office and other patent offices; and
- Collaborate with colleagues on various projects including assessing patents for corporate due diligence and conducting underlying analysis for opinions and litigations.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2 years law firm experience
- Desire and ability to quickly learn the fundamentals of a broad range of new technologies in technical discipline
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated scientific writing ability
- Demonstrated verbal skills required to communicate scientific concepts effectively to clients, attorneys, scientists and engineers
- USPTO admission is preferred but not required
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com and referencing this position in the subject line of your e-mail. Search Firms with an active fee agreement are also welcome to submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for this position.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts