Armstrong Teasdale LLP is seeking patent agents with a high level of motivation and excellent verbal and written communication skills to join its Intellectual Property Services group. This opportunity is ideal for candidates who have engineering backgrounds and prior experience working in the area of patent law.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of an expert IP team and will work collaboratively with patent attorneys and clients by assisting with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications. Primary duties and responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Work with inventors
- Identify patentable inventions
- Research currently patented technologies
- Draft patent applications
- Respond to office actions and correspond with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Manage the patent application process from initial application to granted patent
- Solve client challenges and respond to client needs
- Work with foreign associates to prosecute patent applications in other countries
- The ideal candidate will have a technical background in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering and should have experience working in the area of patent law. USPTO registration required.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate research and complex ideas into a well-written work product. Candidates should also be diligent with a proven attention to detail, have excellent time management skills; and have the ability to successfully work independently and in a team.
To apply, please visit this website: http://www.armstrongteasdale.com/EmploymentOpportunities/.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri