ON Semiconductor is seeking a Patent Attorney.
- Assist in conducting freedom to operate (FTO) review for new product development, IP landscape review and competitive patent analysis.
- Support IP creation processes, including new innovation submission, patentability studies, patent committee review, patent application and prosecution.
- Work closely with local business units and develop a deep knowledge of research and product development to identify strategic areas for IP portfolio development.
- Report local IP issues to headquarters and provide background analysis and recommendations. Effectively communicate legal IP advice and analysis to business and technical team members/leaders.
- Lead and/or support all aspects of local IP activities, programs, initiatives and trainings.
- Participate in drafting, negotiating and reviewing IP agreements, including: license agreements, development agreements, supply agreements, and/or confidentiality agreements with local parties.
- Support litigation activities as needed, including managing and conducting document preservation and collection activities and identifying and interviewing personnel in Korea for foreign litigation.
- Participate in managing Korean outside counsel to improve efficiency and quality.
- Monitor, report and advocate latest development in IP laws, regulations and trends in Korea for the benefit of the company.
- Qualified as Korea Patent Attorney or Attorney at Law specialized in IP Law with at least 3-years of experience.
- A BS degree in Engineering (EE preferred) with a strong preference for previous engineering/semiconductor experience.
- Driven and self-motivated, positive attitude and a team-player.
- Capable of working with business managers and engineers as a partner on various IP issues.
- Fluent in Korean and English. Good communication and writing skill.
To apply, please email email@example.com.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Bucheon, South Korea