AstraZeneca is seeking a Patent Attorney to work in its Gaithersburg, Md., offices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively counsel members of Research & Development organizations to identify new inventions as well as devise and implement strategies for patent protection over extended drug development life cycle
- Create and implement global strategic approaches toward building patent portfolios and providing value to business
- Prepare and prosecute patent applications (US and ex-US) including effectively managing outside counsel as needed.
- Manage all aspects of large intellectual property estates in AstraZeneca/MedImmune’s core and opportunistic therapeutic areas
- Evaluate and monitor patent portfolios of third parties
- Develop and communicate IP guidance to stakeholders across the business, including within R&D, Business Development, commercial, legal
- Review and analyze license agreements and other contracts
- Provide IP and technical analysis in support of patent litigations
- At least 4 years life science patent prosecution experience with global portfolios, combined in-house and law firm experience preferred.
- Licensed US Attorney, USPTO Registration Number
- Ph.D. or equivalent, and/or several years of laboratory experience in relevant scientific area
- Experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of managing external service providers.
- First-hand experience of IP-related litigation
- High level of professionalism and motivation, ability to work independently
- Ability to take initiative to complete tasks and manage risks
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with rapidly changing priorities
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Adaptable and versatile learner
- Ability to be an enterprise leader for the organization
To apply, please visit this link: https://job-search.astrazeneca.com/job/gaithersburg/patent-attorney/7684/11489597.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland