Blank Rome is seeking a Patent Agent to support the Firm’s patent prosecution practice, leveraging technical expertise to assist the Firm’s clients in protecting their technology with patents. The Patent Agent will work under the supervision of a licensed patent attorney to draft patent applications and prosecute applications through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. This role supports client innovation efforts through active participation in the preparation of patent specifications, including drafting of claims. The Patent Agent assists attorneys in the writing of scientific and technical documents clearly and concisely, conducting legal and technical research using all available resources in support of various patent-related matters.
- Draft patent applications and prosecute applications through the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Responsible for managing multiple matters simultaneously with various deadlines while maintaining a calendar to meet due dates established by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/or clients.
- Advise and communicate regularly with supervising attorney regarding the status of assigned client matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Electrical and/or computer engineering specialization preferred.
- Technical background and experience in electrical or computer engineering preferred.
- Communication Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Certificates & Licenses
- License by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office required.
- Excellent language and grammar skills, and ability to write scientific documents clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail, with ability to handle multiple deadlines and adhere to due dates.
- Flexible and willing to work beyond the standard 40-hour workweek.
- Demonstrates proficiency, skills and knowledge of the position as well as a commitment to continuous improvement and development.
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Physical Demands
- Able to sit for long periods of time, type and handle light lifting.
To apply, please email us at: ProfessionalStaffRecruiting@
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Houston, Texas