McNeill Baur PLLC, a certified woman-owned biotech and pharma-focused IP boutique, has a unique opportunity for a patent associate or agent specializing in life science or small-molecule pharma chemistry patents with at least 3 years of relevant experience. The firm will consider and appropriately compensate candidates with more years of experience.
The firm’s clients include prestigious life science and pharma clients who expect the highest level of service. We provide life science patent prosecution and counseling services that rival or exceed those of large firms, while providing small firm benefits to both our clients and employees.
- Strong candidates will have demonstrated scientific expertise and persuasive writing skills, deep knowledge of best practices in patent prosecution, and effectively present work product orally.
- We particularly seek candidates with a track record of performing work for innovative life science, biotech, and/or pharmaceutical corporations based in the United States.
- Successful candidates must be admitted to practice before the USPTO and capable of working independently.
- We strongly prefer an advanced scientific degree from a superior institution.
- The successful candidate will support partners in multiple locations and must be comfortable working independently.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a firm having a strong commitment to respecting employee work-life balance.
- There is no work origination or business development requirement in this position.
- Attorneys and agents design their own work plan, including schedule and billable hour goals, in consultation with partners.
- The firm has no central brick and mortar location and instead has used advanced cloud-based networking capabilities since its founding. This eliminates commuting and allows employees to reside in the city of their choice.
- We will consider candidates for both part-time and full-time positions.
- The firm offers health insurance, dental insurance, a competitive salary, and a 401K plan with generous matching component.
McNeill Baur attorneys are nationally-recognized leaders in life sciences patent prosecution. The firm has been ranked as a nationally recommended firm for patent prosecution for multiple years and also was recognized as the 2017 IP Firm to Watch by LMG Life Sciences. The firm was also named IP Star in 2016-2019 by Managing Intellectual Property (MIP). We welcome on-ramp candidates who have been out of the workforce, as well as full-time or part-time candidates.
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements, desired hours per year, and a portfolio listing representative US patents or published applications that you have drafted and/or prosecuted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Telecommute