Eli Lilly & Company is seeking a Patent Counsel to join its legal team at the company's Indianapolis, Indiana headquarters.
- Draft and prosecute pharmaceutical patent applications in all jurisdictions in accordance with business requirements, patent laws and Lilly policies and procedures.
- Monitor, manage and assist in litigation and oppositions in all jurisdictions related to Lilly and third-party patent portfolios.
- Analyze risks with appropriate consideration of business objectives and the environment and develop sound tactical approaches to providing solutions that are prudent, ethical, landscape-aware, and law-informed as described above.
- Advise teams and management about exclusivity, freedom to operate, due diligence, contract, licensing, and litigation risks in a manner consistent with the law, ethics, and Lilly policies; communicate advice in a manner understandable to the lay person.
- Remain well-versed in US and global laws, court precedents, and regulations pertinent to pharmaceutical products; apply knowledge appropriately in carrying out responsibilities.
- Prioritize and manage projects; contribute to the implementation of new policies and procedures; lead task-directed teams.
- Contribute to efficiency, collegiality, and collaboration.
- As needed, lead or participate in due diligence, licensing and inter parties matters
Follow this link to learn more about the position and to apply: https://bit.ly/2S1Puu6
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Indianapolis, Indiana