Practical Law is looking for an experienced attorney with a focus on international intellectual property matters to join our IP&T Service. This role can be located out of a home office anywhere in the United States if the candidate does not live near a Thomson Reuters office.
The editor will:
- Develop, write, and edit internally-developed and contributed Practical Law Global know-how and current awareness resources (including practice guidance notes, standard documents, checklists and legal updates) for practicing attorney-subscribers primarily in the area of international/cross-border intellectual property matters, including:
- Copyright and database law;
- Trade secrets and confidentiality;
- Cross-border IP and technology licensing and other transactions.
Establish and maintain a large network of US and foreign external law firm contributors.
- Help set the strategic direction and drive the content plan for Practical Law Global resources to meet the practice needs of lawyers working on international/cross-border transactions.
- Collaborate with other Practical Law IP&T editors (in the US, UK, Canada and Australia), editors from Practical Law’s Global/Cross-border Team, Practical Law’s Law Department Team, and other Practical Law services on Global content planning and priorities, resource production and peer review.
- Develop relationships with lawyers in private practice and in-house counsel and industry groups to ensure that the content is topical and meets their needs.
Organize and conduct webinars on cross-border transactions and other Global topics.
Candidates should have at least the following skills and experience:
- At least eight (8) years’ experience working as an IP lawyer at a law firm or as in-house counsel with in-depth international/cross-border IP work experience.
Significant and broad expertise and practice experience in at least one of the following areas:
- International patent counseling, prosecution, portfolio management, enforcement, and administrative proceedings, including managing local counsel in key foreign jurisdictions.
- International trademark counseling, clearance, prosecution, portfolio management, enforcement, and administrative proceedings, including supervising local counsel in key foreign jurisdictions.
- Cross-border IP licensing and technology transactions.
- A good understanding of the needs and priorities of both law firm attorneys and in-house counsel.
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- A passion for writing and strong editing skills, including:
- very close attention to detail;
- excellent command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English;
strong technical drafting skills; and
- the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- Self-motivated with excellent management and organizational skills to effectively track productivity and ensure product development milestones are met.
- Ability to constantly collaborate with and support team members.
Candidates selected for a second interview will be required to submit a writing sample.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us. To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
Apply online via the following link: https://bit.ly/31rjVNE.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Telecommute or at a Thomson Reuters office location