Holland & Hart is seeking an IP Specialist (a hybrid patent prosecution paralegal / patent administrator) to support their dynamic, growing electronics-focused patent practice in Salt Lake City, UT or Boulder, CO. We represent some of the largest and most innovative technology companies in the world, and have a unique, collaborative environment focused on excellence, teamwork, and work/life balance. We offer excellent compensation, outstanding benefits, and an energizing, professional work environment.
- Supports patent attorneys in docket and practice management
- Performs various tasks associated with the preparation and prosecution of patent applications including, but not limited to:
- Manage and perform range of duties related to an internal electronic file system
- Generate templates for patent applications and responses to various Office Actions (including but not limited to: a Filing Receipt, Notice to File Missing Parts, Response to Office Action, Notice of Publication, Notice of Allowance, Issue Notification; and Letters Patent) as they relate to correspondence/filing with USPTO, PCT, and foreign associates
- Prepare additional templates for various legal documents (Declaration, Powers of Attorney, Assignments)
- Review formalities of filed patent documents to ensure proper form, including Filing Receipts, Declarations, Recordings, Information Disclosure Statements, allowed patents ready to issue, etc.
- Perform electronic filings at the USPTO
Manage new client intake and opening of matters
- Perform a variety of patent support and administrative tasks as needed
Qualifications: All career-focused, interested candidates able to demonstrate the following will be considered:
- Paralegal or patent prosecution experience required
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Motivated to excel with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Possesses a strong work ethic and prefers to keep busy
- Ability to quickly learn and comprehend complex concepts and processes
- Has superior oral and written communication skills
- Thinks critically to understand how each task fits into a broader workflow
- Continuously seeks to maximize the efficient use of technology available and strives to make tasks easier and more efficient
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are requirements, Visio is a plus)
- Thrive in a dynamic, professional, growing patent practice
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or by fax to (307) 222-6273. No phone calls please.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Boulder, Colorado or Salt Lake City, Utah