McNeill Baur was founded six years ago by a group of former big law attorneys who continue to practice high value, strategic patent prosecution and client counseling but in a small firm environment. We have multiple unique opportunities for patent attorneys or agents specializing in the life sciences.
- We are looking for an attorney or agent with a least 5 years relevant experience in complex patent prosecution and/or patent counseling.
- We are also looking for an attorney with more than 8 years of experience who has demonstrated proficiency in high value, complex patent portfolio management and strategy who can work independently and supervise the work of others.
The firm’s prestigious clients expect and receive the highest level of service. We provide life science patent prosecution and counseling services that rival or exceed those of large firms, while providing small firm benefits to both our clients and employees.
McNeill Baur attorneys are nationally recognized leaders in life sciences patent prosecution. The firm has been ranked as a nationally recommended firm for patent prosecution for multiple years and was recognized as the 2017 IP Firm to Watch by LMG Life Sciences, and recommended by LMG Life Sciences in the patent prosecution and patent strategy and management categories 2017-2019. The firm was also recognized by 2019 IAM Patent 1000 rankings, and named IP Star by Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) for 2016-2020.
- We strongly prefer an advanced scientific degree, preferably a PhD, from a superior institution.
- We particularly seek candidates with a track record of performing work for innovative life science, biotech, and/or pharmaceutical corporations based in the United States.
- Strong candidates will have demonstrated scientific expertise and persuasive writing skills, deep knowledge of best practices in patent prosecution, and effectively present work product orally.
- Successful candidates must be admitted to practice before the USPTO and capable of working independently.
- The successful candidate will support partners in multiple locations and must be comfortable working independently.
This is a unique opportunity to practice law at a big firm level, while benefiting from the firm's strong commitment to respecting employee work-life balance.
There is no work origination or business development requirement in this position.
Attorneys and agents design their own work plan, including schedule and billable hour goals, in consultation with partners.
The firm has never had a central brick-and-mortar location and instead uses advanced cloud-based networking capabilities. This eliminates commuting and allows employees to reside in the city of their choice.
We will consider candidates for both part-time and full-time positions. We also welcome on-ramp candidates who want to return to the workforce.
The firm offers health insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, an EAP program, a competitive salary, and a 401K plan with generous matching component.
How should candidates apply for this position?
Please submit resume, cover letter, salary requirements, desired hours per year, and a portfolio listing representative US patents or published applications that you have drafted and/or prosecuted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Location: Remote