Alexion Pharmaceuticals is seeking a patent attorney to address a full scope of global biopharmaceutical patent issues. The attorney in this position will partner with clients and other attorneys across multiple functional areas to build, maintain, defend and enforce the company’s intellectual property interests. The work will include client counseling; patent preparation and prosecution; developing legal opinions with respect to patentability, validity and freedom to operate; supporting due diligence reviews; and intellectual property related transactional work. This position can be based from any of the following Alexion locations; Boston, MA, or New Haven, CT, and may require up to 5% travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide IP support to clients within Research and Development, Business Development, Technical Operations, and other functional areas through all phases of drug research, development, and commercialization.
- Build the company’s intellectual property portfolio through strategic patent preparation and prosecution.
- Partner with other members of the company’s IP team to manage intellectual property risks within the company’s programs and pipeline, including performing freedom-to-operate analyses and preparing opinions with respect to patent infringement and validity.
- Support intellectual property due diligence on strategic transactions and perform intellectual property-related transactional work.
- Support intellectual property litigation (offense and defense), partnering with outside counsel, other in-house counsel, and clients to efficiently achieve successful outcomes.
- Educate clients on important intellectual property issues and forge strong client relationships that leverage opportunities to identify, create, and protect valuable intellectual property.
- Cooperate with management and colleagues to develop, implement, and execute policies and practices that drive a proactive, business oriented IP program.
Apply online at: