Stoel Rives LLP's Technology & Intellectual Property practice is a multidisciplinary group that includes talented professionals with experience in business, regulatory law, and litigation related to intellectual property rights (patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets). Our patent prosecution team helps clients secure patent rights globally and provides strategic counseling so clients can enforce and monetize their IP assets.
Successful members of the patent prosecution team enjoy teamwork, high client visibility, early responsibility, and community involvement (including pro bono service for local startup initiatives).
The Skills Needed to Be Effective in This Role:
We pride ourselves in forming diverse teams with a wide array of interpersonal and professional attributes. We don’t expect any one person to embody all of these skills, but the below serves to describe our ideal team player. If you have many of these skills, and are enthusiastic to learn, we encourage you to apply.
- A few years’ experience as an attorney;
- An undergraduate degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering, or optics;
- Experience in wireless communications, optics, or medical devices is a plus;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen actively, think critically, and communicate complex concepts to multiple audiences through compelling written and oral advocacy;
- Good judgment, responsiveness, and perseverance;
- Strong intellectual curiosity;
- A commitment to client service and team success;
- JD from an accredited university; and
- Active membership in the Oregon State bar or ability to waive in (preferred).
Apply online at:
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Portland, OR