Gurr Brande & Spendlove, PLLC, a small law firm, is seeking a Patent Attorney or Patent Agent to work in St. George, Utah. An ideal attorney candidate will have 2-3 years of patent prosecution experience. Candidates will be expected to be self-starters capable of managing patent prosecution as well as helping with an active litigation caseload under supervision of the firm's four partners. Exceptional writing, analytical skills, attention to detail, and professionalism are mandatory characteristics of a qualified candidate for this position. GBS manages a diverse caseload including work in the mechanical, electrical, chemical, and other fields, with a particular expertise in medical and consumer products. GBS also represents clients in IP litigation, including both plaintiff and defense representation in patent, trademark and copyright cases. Therefore, the Ideal candidate will have experience in prosecution and litigation, although the main duties of this candidate will be patent prosecution. Familiarity with Inter Partes Review (IPR), the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) is preferred, but not required.
- J.D. from an accredited law school (for attorney candidates)
- Active licensure with a U.S. State (for attorney candidates
- Bachelor degree in science or engineering field or equivalent
- USPTO Registered Patent Attorney/Agent
- A minimum of 2 years of patent prosecution experience
- Dedication to providing the highest quality representation services to clients
- Strong problem-solving abilities with an instinct for self-help
- Excellent objective and subjective legal writing and research skills
- Prompt, clear, and professional communication style
- Unparalleled attention to detail
Job Duties Include:
- Draft and prosecute U.S. and PCT Patent applications, including drafting, filing, responding to Office Actions, communicating with clients, etc.
- Coordinate response to foreign office actions
- Opinion and Clearance work
- Drafting and preparing litigation documents
- Legal research
Interested Candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “IP Associate Position” and include your Name.
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: St. George, Utah