Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC is seeking an intellectual property legal secretary to work in their offices in Alexandria, VA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare various documents required by clients and the U.S. Patent and Trademark office in support of client and patent applications.
- Use the firm’s software tools to prepare USPTO patent prosecution forms, draft Office Action “shells,” and other patent office e-filings.
- Upload, verify accuracy, and submit USPTO e-filings via EFS.
- Record assignments using USPTO’s EPAS system.
- Maintain accurate patent files in the firm’s electronic document management system (currently NetDocs).
- Draft, revise, and send routine client correspondence and reporting e-mails.
- Proofread all filing and correspondence for spelling, content, punctuation, and grammar.
- Pre-process, flag, and clear tasks on assigned attorneys’ dockets.
- Interact positively and effectively with other departments to support assigned attorneys.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years of patent prosecution experience.
- High school diploma required. College degree a plus.
- Knowledge of current US prosecution and worldwide patent laws, rules and some knowledge of USPTO online sites and related websites, including PAIR, EFS and EPAS is required.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce accurate work product.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Preferred experience with Foundation IP
- Prior use of a document management system (NetDocs) a plus.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with professionals, clients, and staff.
- Proven work ethic.
- Ability to problem-solve and anticipate issues/problems.
- Ability to work overtime, as needed.
Apply online at:
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Alexandria, VA