DSM, a large corporation, is seeking an intellectual property business partner to work remotely.
In this role you will develop and execute a holistic IP strategy for one or more businesses/business units of DSM. Collaborating with a diverse set of colleagues your aim is to ensure that the value of DSM’s Intellectual Property (IP) is maximized, and that IP is fully utilized as a tool to achieve DSM’s broader strategic business and innovation goals.
Are you driven to connect IP strongly to innovation and running business? Are you a team player with solution-oriented mindset? Do you want to work close to the business and with a team of IP specialists?
Then this is the job for you!
Your key responsibilities:
- Together with the business, create and execute a holistic IP strategy based on deep knowledge of the respective market and competitive business environment; build knowledge of the internal and external IP and business landscape as needed.
- Together with (a team of) IP Specialists, build and maintain a valuable, business relevant IP portfolio for the applicable business via strategic generation, acquisition, and protection of DSM’s intellectual property, including patents, trade secrets, trademarks, designs, copyrights, domain names, database rights, etc.
- Assist in the strategic exploitation of DSM’s IP to achieve the overall goals of the applicable business.
- Identify and advise the business on intellectual property related opportunities and risks, including potential infringement, monetization opportunities, and IP due diligence.
- 8-10 years previous work experience as an IP attorney, preferably in a DSM relevant field of business
- Registration to practice as a patent attorney at the US Patent and Trademark Office or European Patent Office and/or comparable national qualification, or national/regional registration as a trademark attorney
- A flexible, agile and solution-oriented mindset
- Brilliant collaborative skills
- Learning mindset and open for other opinions, combined with ability to take decisions
- Coaching leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Remote