Clairvolex Inc., a small corporation, is seeking a Director of IP Products and Services to work in the Pacific Northwest or US East Coast Area.
Director, IP will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in relation to IP product sales. As the SME, you will be responsible for:
- Product demonstrations
- Customer – Solutioning, Enquiries on products’ features
- Supporting sales personnel in converting leads as customers
- Receive and process customer feedback on products
- Take part in product stand-ups
- Participate in product testing and evaluation
- Contribute to the product feature enhancements
- Attend IP conferences and events to evangelize the Product
- Create contents around AI and patent prosecution to support the marketing efforts
- Participate in engineering stands when required
In relation to our IP Services business, you will be responsible for:
- Key Account Management
- Quality oversight for patent portfolios we develop and manage for our clients
- Farming-type sales of existing customer accounts
- Enhancing Customer satisfaction through strategic patent portfolio development employing quantitative and qualitative prosecution metrics
- Assisting ELT (Executive Leadership Team), key managers and sales personnel in winning new accounts
- Developing and executing governance processes for clients.
- Managing outside counsels for functions connected with filing of office action responses, Examiner interviews and legal steps relative to allowance
- Subject matter assistance to all BUs: Portfolio Development, Patent Analytics & Monetization and IP Management Services.
- Training and Mentoring engineers to become proficient in patent preparation and prosecution.
- You will coach, train, and mentor engineers in all aspects of US patent preparation and prosecution.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Review and quality control responses to offices actions issued by USPTO and drafted by the Patent Engineers
- In conjunction with the European Outside Counsels, review and supervise the responses to office actions issued by the EPO and drafted by the Patent Engineers
- Wherever necessary, and in complex cases, hands-on draft office action responses
- Responsible for instructing the US outside counsels regarding filing response to office actions, Examiner interviews, preparing and filing continuations, and matters connected with prosecution of US patent applications until grant.
- Train, coach, and mentor patent engineers to write high quality office action responses. Develop training materials.
- Responsible for customer relations management relative to prosecution functions
- Offer technical support, subject matter expertise, and solutioning support to sales and business development leadership at global levels
- When required travel to client facilities for on-site reviews consistent with applicable public health safety regulations
- Support through rendering subject matter expertise to the IPMS (IP Management Service) team – a large group of paralegals handling a variety of functions for multiple large in-house corporate IP operations.
- Contribute to CLRC (Clairvolex Learning & Research Center) occasional articles, research papers and/or research in-put (not-mandatory)
- Help in establishing the Clairvolex brand globally, and in that relation the management may task the candidate to attend conferences, networking events, roadshows and also carry out regular visits to various potential and existing client facilities.
- US Patent Attorney
- Must possess an EE degree from a reputed US university and JD from a well-credentialed law school
About 5 years’ experience in patent practice either with a law firm or in-house, or in an SME role in the IP industry
Commensurate to industry/law firm standards in the United States
Apply via email to:
Include a resume with your submission.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Pacific Northwest or US East Coast Area.