Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP (WAVS IP) is seeking lateral candidates for patent preparation and prosecution in our mechanical group.
You will join an incredible team of attorneys, agents, paralegals, and staff that represents a wide range of clients, including start-ups, large companies, and universities. Technical areas include those relating to wearable fitness devices, electrical connectors, smart window systems, satellite deployment mechanisms, rocket systems, semiconductor processing equipment, wafer handling robots, portable and laboratory assay devices, medical devices, casino gaming machines, fashion accessories (design), display technologies, MEMS devices, and electrolyzers.
- Eligible to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering or relevant field; or pertinent industry experience
- 3 to 5 years of patent attorney or agent experience
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Interest in patent prosecution
- Ability to work with colleagues in various time zones in the U.S.
- Admission to practice before the USPTO
- M.S. in mechanical engineering or relevant field
- Prior patent prosecution experience in a law firm setting
To apple, please email email@example.com with “Mechanical Patent Prosecution Position” in the subject line with the following: Resume, Writing Samples, Transcripts (college, grad school, law school), and Cover letter (In your cover letter, please provide a brief explanation of your interest in patent practice. In addition, please provide a brief introduction of technical knowledge gained during your technical degree or industry experience)
Employer Type: Law Firm
Job Location: Remote (HQ in Oakland, CA)