Trading Technologies (TT) is currently seeking a driven and talented Patent Lawyer or Agent to assist with its continually growing practices in electronic and software-related technologies.
Are you interested in being part of the passion fueling the tremendous growth of high-speed electronic trading? Trading Technologies develops high-performance trading software for derivatives professionals, including international banks, brokers, hedge funds and other trading institutions. TT’s patented X_TRADER® order-entry platform, named “Innovation of the Year” and “Best Buy-Side Commodities Trading Platform” in 2007, drives over 50% of the top five futures exchanges’ electronic trading volume. TTNET™, TT's fully managed hosting solution, delivers maximum system stability and lightning-fast trade execution via hubs located close to the major international exchanges. Headquartered in Chicago, TT maintains a global presence with offices in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
• Help to strategically build a patent portfolio.
• Work closely with our Engineering, R&D and Product Management departments.
• Generate new disclosures.
• Prosecute and file new patent applications.
• Work with outside counsel on prosecution matters.
• Work on Patent acquisition projects.
• Monitor and evaluate industry patents.
• Assist with litigation/licensing as needed.
• Provide other general legal advice.
• At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science.
• Admission to a state bar and the Patent Bar.
• 2+ years of demonstrated prosecution experience as a Patent Lawyer or Patent Agent, with preferably extensive experience in the area of computer software.
• Experience prosecuting patent applications filed in the business method art unit is a plus.
• Experience dealing with IP issues in a multi-cultural environment and working with law firms outside the U.S.
• In-house and outside counsel experience is a plus.
• Experienced, creative, confident, well organized, and a self-starter.
• Effective communication skills.
Interested applicants should contact Joe Perez at joe.perez@tradingtechnologies
Employer Type: Midsized Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois
TT is committed to providing an environment where highly talented, challenge-hungry people thrive. We invest heavily in employee satisfaction. Competitive salaries, stock options, company-matched retirement plans, low-cost comprehensive health benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts, 22 days of paid time off plus holidays, pre-tax commuting benefits, health club subsidies, company-sponsored social outings, game room lounges, an ultra-casual work environment, and free breakfast and beverages are just some of the benefits of working at TT.
TT is looking for candidates that put forth a serious effort for a serious reward!