NAVTEQ is currently looking for a Patent Attorney (6957) in Chicago, Ill. NAVTEQ is the leading provider of digital map data for Vehicle Navigation, Internet & Wireless applications and Enterprise Solutions. Cutting edge applications such as these are part of a growing set of applications that enhance consumer's access to information while they are mobile. We have coined the term 'informed mobility' to represent this emerging need.
NAVTEQ data is used in virtually all of the leading navigation systems in both North America and Europe. Our customers rely on NAVTEQ digital map information for use in their applications based on its accuracy, detail and completeness.
• Develop and maintain company patent applications, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, licensing and research agreements, publications and intellectual property aspects of contracts and agreements
• Prepare legal opinions and analysis of patents; reviews and drafts significant corporate legal documents
• Evaluate the validity of industry patents and company product clearance
• Responsible for pre-patent filing review, providing legal advice to the company concerning the patent viability of its inventions and the advisability of filing patent applications covering the company’s inventions
• Provide other general legal advice and represents the company in matters relating to intellectual property law
• 3 to 5 years patent-related experience, law firm or in-house
• Admission to Patent Bar and JD required
• Admission to Illinois State Bar preferred
• Technical degree required (EE or CS preferred)
• Knowledge and understanding of, and on-hands experience in, patent law, as well as other areas of intellectual property
• Able to understand and quickly grasp different areas of technology; able to analyze patents in a practical way
• Excellent communication, business judgment, problem solving, negotiation, drafting and follow-through skills
• Able to determine and execute appropriate action/solutions to legal and business issues
• Ability to communicate articulately and persuasively with different levels of the organization, including engineering community and management
• Must be a team player and able to develop and maintain strong relationships
• Must be able to manage wide variety of tasks simultaneously
To submit a resume for immediate consideration, qualified applicants may e-mail resumes to email@example.com and reference requisition number 6957.
NAVTEQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois