By working at Wyeth, you can help others to live longer, more fulfilling lives while realizing other important professional objectives. Discovering and developing innovative products in the areas of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, consumer healthcare, nutritional and animal healthcare, our global organization is dedicated to making the world a healthier place to live.
We currently seek a Sr. Patent Agent to join our intellectual property team to focus on preparation and prosecution of patent applications worldwide. Position will involve working closely with patent attorneys, scientists and management to create and secure protection for intellectual property (e.g., patents) for inventions and discoveries made by or licensed to Wyeth.
• Participate in the drafting, filing and prosecution of patent applications worldwide.
• Work in partnership with inventors and managing attorney to finalize the preparation and filing patent applications
• Collaborate with inside and outside foreign counsel to file and prosecute foreign patent applications
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or other relevant scientific discipline.
• Patent Agent Registration to practice
• Minimum 5 years' experience in patent prosecution in a corporate or law firm setting specific to chemical, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
• Must be able to understand and apply basic patent law principles and procedures
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate with employees of different levels within the company
• Preferred Advanced degree & Foreign Language
Wyeth offers competitive compensation and benefits programs, including child-care subsidies, flex-time, business casual attire, educational assistance and professional development programs.
Wyeth is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Additional Info :
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Madison, New Jersey