Google is seeking an IP Litigation Counsel. Google Legal a close-knit team of lawyers and legal professionals who operate on a truly global stage. We take pride in working for a company with a clear mission ("to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful") and a real soul ("don't be evil"). Google's innovative services raise challenging legal questions that demand creative and practical answers. We work at the crossroads of new technologies and existing laws to provide those answers, helping Google build innovative and important products for our users around the world.
As an IP Litigation Counsel, you will assist with general litigation matters, specifically the area of third party disputes and lawsuits involving intellectual property issues such as patent, trademark and copyright litigation. You are an experienced attorney with a technical background such as a computer or electrical engineering or computer science degree (USPTO admission is a plus).
In this role you will have significant interaction with almost all business areas of Google, such as Product Management, Engineering, Corporate Communications, Human Resources and Sales. As a prominent and dynamic global company, Google faces many novel legal issues. You should enjoy navigating uncharted waters in a role that will provide opportunities to help establish the precedents that will govern this space.
• The Litigation Counsel will work closely with our litigation team, as well as various Legal group members having substantive knowledge relevant to particular disputes.
• The Litigation Counsel will be responsible for determining dispute resolution strategies, as well as developing the infrastructure required to prevent disputes from arising.
• The Litigation Counsel will work with outside counsel to manage lawsuits that may evolve from these third party disputes.
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials or equivalent experience.
• 3-8 years litigation experience.
• Broad based litigation experience, including intellectual property and technology matters.
• Significant experience with strategically addressing legal complaints.
• Extensive experience with (and understanding of) the online industry.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills and sense of humor required.
• Ability to respond to questions/issues spontaneously.
For immediate consideration, please apply at this URL.
Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global markets. Google's targeted advertising program, which is the largest and fastest growing in the industry, provides businesses of all sizes with measurable results, while enhancing the overall web experience for users. Google is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, visit http://www.google.com/about.html
Google is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Mountain View, California