The new U.S. Patent Counsel will be a member of Cadbury’s Group IP, reporting to Scott Allison (VP & Chief Patent Counsel), and be based in the confectionery research facilities in Whippany, New Jersey. The position will require frequent travel to Cadbury’s offices in Parsippany, New Jersey. Other national and international travel on a periodic basis also is expected.
The duties of the new Patent Counsel will be directed to a variety of patent matters, with approximately 85+% of the work being directed to the following areas:
1. Providing counseling on patent matters for Cadbury;
2. Patent prosecution and management of outside patent prosecution counsel;
3. Regional, and global clearance projects; and
4. Competitor monitoring and competitive analysis.
The remaining time will be left available for litigation support, licensing, education/training, administrative tasks, and other projects.
The successful candidate will:
• have 5-7 years of legal experience
• be a licensed U.S. patent attorney
• have significantly relevant technical background (e.g., chemistry, food science) and experience
• corporate experience preferred
To apply for this position, please visit www.careersUS.cadbury.com, and click on "Join Our Team" to access the Global Cadbury website. Please reference job CSAC695 under "Current Jobs - USA".
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Whippany, NJ