Reporting to the General Counsel, the Patent Litigation Counsel will assist with the day-to-day management of patent litigation, currently pending in 4 jurisdictions (U.S. District Court (2); ITC; Canadian Federal Court), and the US Patent & Trademark Office.
This is a significant opportunity for a junior to mid level lawyer to have real-life, hands-on experience with substantial litigation. Further information on the actions may be found at www.Desire2Learn.com/
• Coordinate legal research with Canadian & US outside counsel
• Review filings
• Assist in obtaining information for litigation
• Assist with reexamination filings
• Assist with drafting discovery responses
• Assist with developing overall strategy
Work Experience Recommendations:
• Minimum of 2 years experience in patent litigation and/or patent prosecution
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Cross border experience helpful, but not required
• Licensed to practice in the United States or Canada
• USPTO registration helpful, but not required
• NAFTA eligibility (US/Canadian/Mexican citizen)
• Law degree from nationally-recognized, ABA-accredited school
• Excellent academic credentials; journal experience preferred
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in technology-related field
This is your opportunity to make a big impact in the area of next-generation eLearning applications! Candidates that have the combination of skills and abilities as outlined are invited to submit their qualifications in confidence today.
Please apply online at www.Desire2Learn.com/Careers.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. To make the best use of your time and ours, only those applicants whose profiles closely match our requirements will be contacted directly.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Kitchener, Ontario