Note: Listing has been updated with new information.
DexCom Inc., headquartered in San Diego, is committed to developing technologies and products that improve the lives of people with diabetes. DexCom has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves. This business has grown with pride, integrity and a focused vision. DexCom Inc. is currently seeking a Patent Attorney/Agent.
Responsibilities will be widely varied and include preparing and prosecuting patent application, working with outside counsel on reexamination and interference matters, developing and implementing offensive and defensive IP strategies, conducting various patent searches, conducting freedom-to-practice evaluations, preparing or obtaining appropriate opinions, conducting invalidity analyses, providing support for patent litigation, and providing timely counsel on intellectual property issues. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as the position entails regular interaction with legal, technical, and business teams.
• Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
• Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related technology field required.
• A minimum of 3 years legal experience handling intellectual property law issues.
• A Juris Doctor from an accredited U.S. law school and licensed to practice in at least one state or the District of Columbia.
• Ideal candidate will have experience with biomedical, diagnostics, wireless technologies, and/or consumer-based electronic systems with a preference for medical device or health-care related electronics.
• Demonstrated ability to draft medical device electronics related patent applications.
• Highly motivated with desire to deliver outstanding professional work product.
• Work independently with minimal supervision and effectively contribute as a team player on legal, technical, and business teams.
• Possess superior writing and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated creativity and success in strategizing, structuring, and obtaining robust IP specific to an area of technology or product, which includes offensive and defensive patent protection.
• Demonstrated ability to understand medical technology, with ability to apply it to an R & D effort with strong R&D interaction.
Base Salary of 125,000 USD/year plus stock options and opportunity to earn an annual bonus. We also offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long term disability, 401(k), flexible spending account, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, paid time off, on-site fitness center, and a great work environment.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: San Diego