Angiotech is seeking a Patent Paralegal to provide support to both internal and external intellectual property and other legal efforts. With over 1,300 dedicated employees spanning fourteen countries, Angiotech is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medical device company. Our tagline “redefining success” describes how Angiotech is striving to create novel medical solutions that elevate the standard of care and improve people's lives. We are seeking intelligent, progressive, and creative professionals to join our team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Manage the patent Intellectual Property (IP) portfolio including:
• Acquiring patent prosecution & post-prosecution documents and saving them into an IP document database (Interwoven)
• Entering and tracking patent file data and due dates in a docketing database (Cpi)
• Writing and tracking correspondence pertaining to patent files
• Preparing IP due date reports & case file documents for meetings with the responsible attorney/agent; following their review, transmitting prosecution decisions to outside counsel as needed.
Perform searches in US, PCT & other national IP databases and search engines and download documents as needed for managing an IP portfolio, discovery of competitive intelligence or other use; utilize Global IP database to prepare cost estimates for international filings.
Entry of data into Cpi database to:
• track IP agreements for reports and compliance purposes
• track products covered by the IP
• track costs incurred in each case file
Track and docket events & due dates, & maintain files, of patent Oppositions and other litigation's as needed.
Prepare and electronically file IP applications and prosecution documents, assignments and formal documents with the USPTO. Coordinate filing of same with non-US national patent offices through foreign associates
Prepare documents and coordinate with foreign associates to do EP Validations and PCT Conversions; follow-up as needed to complete filings.
Prepare IP patent updates for Board of Directors reports & other corporate quarterly reports including updates to litigation's.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree and/or Paralegal certification
• 5 years + experience as a Paralegal
• Experience in Intellectual Property an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with database programs and document management systems
• Strong grammar and writing skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• A self starter and able to work independently and as part of an established team.
• Ability to prioritize heavy workload and meet deadlines.
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience using the internet.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at www.angiotech.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They re not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
Angiotech is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Employer Type: Other
Job Location: Seattle, Washington