Honeywell is seeking an Assistant General Counsel, reporting to a group lead, assigned to one or more technology groups. Responsibilities will include: preparation and prosecution of US and foreign patent applications; supervision of outside counsel preparation and prosecution; drive freedom to practice program; evaluate and resolve product clearance issues; manage patent application preparation and prosecution; supervise outside patent and trademark counsel; manage infringement and clearance analysis; advise inventors and management on a variety of intellectual property matters; review of prior art search reports; perform due diligence analysis for potential acquisitions and investments; support of litigation teams by providing claim interpretation and portfolio analysis; and general client counseling on patent matters.
The successful candidate will drive licensing and patent enforcement opportunities and conduct licensing negotiations, develop and execute business-specific IP processes and strategies, educate management and technical staff regarding intellectual property protection, support M&A activities, and help establish and drive IP best practices within the business.
The candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment. Engineering experience and law firm experience is a plus. In addition, all candidates will be required to submit two patents/applications and one office action which he/she has authored.
• BS degree.
• Juris Doctor
• Registered to practice before the United States Patent & Trade Office
• Minimum of 5 years experience in intellectual property practice
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a corporate environment
• At least one state Bar registration.
• Ability to influence and lead at all levels
• Strong client focus
• Proven ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills at both a functional and client advisory level
• Accessible and approachable
• Keen intellectual capacity, judgment and high personal standards of excellence
• A self-starter who is very productive and has the motivation to assume significant responsibility in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Experience in the Automotive (or a related sector with strong OEM dynamics)
• Strong intellectual capacity, unquestioned integrity and high personal standards of excellence.
• An insatiable curiosity and interest in international business.
• A proactive, self-directed mindset.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply online by visiting this link: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/JobSearch/JobDescription.aspx?LanguageID=1&jobid=00161431
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Danbury, Connecticut
Honeywell Transportation Systems (TS) is comprised three Strategic Business Units: Honeywell Turbo Technologies (HTT), Consumer Product Group (CPG), and Friction Materials (FM).
Honeywell Consumer Products Group is a $1billion global business within Honeywell Transportation Systems and sells to national retailers, automotive parts stores and original equipment manufacturer. Its leading automotive care and braking products include FRAM oil, air, transmission and fuel filters; Autolite spark plugs, ignition wire sets and lights; Prestone antifreeze and car care products; and Holts car care products. Honeywell CPG maintains research and development capabilities in both the U.S., Europe, and Asia has a manufacturing footprint in ten countries worldwide.