Solazyme is seeking an intellectual property attorney. Reporting to the Associate VP, Intellectual Property, this position will be an essential part of our intellectual property group and will play a key role in the development of the company’s IP portfolio.
• Preparation and prosecution of U.S. and international patent applications
• Support the company’s diverse research areas and product lines
• Work closely with research and business units
• Manage growing trademark portfolio
• Supervise outside patent counsel and trademark counsel
• Perform patent searches and prepare due diligence analysis
• Assist with other intellectual property matters
• Assist and work with corporate counsel
• Experience with contracts involving IP is preferred
• 4 - 5 years experience (preferably a combination of firm and corporate)
• J.D. from an accredited law school
• Bachelor’s degree in required, Ph.D. in biological sciences highly preferred
• Admission to a state bar, California preferred
• Registered to practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office
• Excellent judgment, high personal standards of excellence and unquestioned integrity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
• A motivated, self-starter capable of working independently
• Strong intellectual capacity
Solazyme is a biotechnology company that produces tailored oils by microbial fermentation. Our business units include fuels and chemicals, nutritionals, and health sciences. The attorney will support all three business units.
This position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package, 401k, and equity participation. The position is located in South San Francisco, California.
Only submissions through our career portal will be accepted. Please visit http://www.solazyme.com/career-opportunities to read more about the job and submit your resume. Solazyme is an equal opportunity employer.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: San Francisco, California