Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is seeking a Patent Agent/Intellectual Property Analyst to become an integral member of the legal team, which is responsible for the identification and implementation of optimum Intellectual Property strategies for products and processes developed by the Company.
• Identify IP opportunities, analyzing potential IP in the Company’s R&D, Process and Product Development, and assist in implementing the IP strategy
• Assist in articulating IP opportunities in several business functions of the company
• Perform prior art searches, analyze the art to understand patentability, prepare and file patent applications
• Manage foreign patent procurement activities in addition to the prosecution at the USPTO
• Use patent/trademark databases to assist the IP work flow
• Develop policies and procedures to ensure an appropriate IP protection in different business activities
The ideal candidate would have a demonstrated ability to analyze and articulate IP opportunities in a complex technical environment. You should be meticulous and team oriented. You are expected to have:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Natural Sciences, preferably chemistry (Masters is a plus)
• Experience in an Administrative role.
• USPTO registration is required.
• 5+ years work experience (preferably in patent procurement activities).
• Ability to articulate complex analysis orally and in writing
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is pleased to offer a competitive benefits package including health care, dental care, vision care, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and a 401(k) plan.
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
No phone calls, please.
Apply online at: http://www.aerogel.com/app/job-postings.htm.
Employer Type: Small Corporation