Meso Scale Diagnostics, LLC, is seeking a Patent Attorney to interact directly with the company’s scientists and engineers and work closely with the Chief IP Counsel and General Counsel, as well as managing and coordinating with outside counsel, in supporting all intellectual property functions of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with internal attorneys and with outside counsel in preparation and prosecution of patent applications
• Draft patent applications
• Analyze invention disclosures and review draft publications and devise strategies for patent and trade secret protection
• Evaluate patent portfolios of other parties and prepare freedom-to-operate analyses
• Attend scientific and engineering project team meetings to collect information for patenting and to advise team on intellectual property issues
• Perform general IP counseling to support internal clients and IP attorneys
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering field required
- JD is preferred
- Patent agent considered
• Registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is required
• 3-10 years patent prosecution experience in mechanical arts, preferably with experience with health care or life science related devices.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Proficient in MS Office Suite.
• Logical problem solving and demonstrated ability to organize and move project tasks forward in an orderly and structured fashion.
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Effectively communicate issues/problems and results that impact timelines and/or accuracy.
• Technical knowledge of chemical or biological arts desired but not required.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected including the ability to be productive and multi-task in an environment with changing priorities.
• This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize computers, and move about the office.
• This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
Apply by emailing the firm at: email@example.com.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland