The Qualcomm Library is seeking an outstanding candidate for a Patent Research Librarian. This position provides strategic level research with a primary focus on patent analysis, competitor and technical landscapes, competitive intelligence, and market potential, in addition to business, engineering, and general research support.
The position has three areas of focus including:
• Participating in high level cross-department project teams to proactively deliver information, strategy, and value-add research deliverables.
• Research delivery and training in the use of information tools and techniques. Specialized content creation and maintenance in specific topic areas of critical need to the organization, particularly for web delivery.
• Working with content vendors and understanding information databases and products in support of seamless research delivery
• Strong familiarity with patent searching and analysis, particularly in relation to competitive intelligence. Additional expertise in post processing and analysis of voluminous amounts of data is a plus. Experience with TDA or VantgaePoint desirable.
• Working knowledge of patent processing system, both US and international.
• Ability to effectively leverage Derwent data as part of overall patent analysis
• Demonstrated expert capability in searching Dialog and LexisNexis, as well as other leading business research tools.
• Expertise in command line searching of technical databases such as IEEE Xplore, Ei Compendex, Inspec, ACM Digital Library, Scopus and others.
• Demonstrated knowledge of market research and company sources and ability to integrate that data into overall research analysis.
• Social media analysis and sentiment tracking experience a plus.
• Ability to complete research process from inception to conclusion, synthesizing data and information from multiple sources, providing clear results analysis for high level research clients via a variety of delivery platforms.
This position requires a strong researcher who is self-directed, has a creative approach to research, and is well organized and able to prioritize accordingly. Being comfortable in a fast paced environment and responding enthusiastically to challenges is critical.
Must have strong project management skills and the ability to work effectively on a team and communicate well with both colleagues and internal customers at all levels of the organization. An outgoing and proactive approach to communication and problem solving is essential. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity.
MLS from an ALA accredited library program and a minimum of three years patent research experience with progressively responsible positions.
Interested applicants can apply online at: https://jobs.qualcomm.com/public/jobDetails.xhtml?requisitionId=1889902&page=jobSearch.
Employer Type: Large Organization
Job Location: San Diego, California