Due to continued growth, PANDUIT has an immediate need for a Registered Patent Attorney with an electrical background at its Tinley Park, IL location. Responsibilities include all facets of intellectual property protection with initial emphasis on new product approval and U.S. and foreign patent prosecution.
What You’ll Need:
• Draft and edit patent applications and responses to office actions primarily in the electrical, optical, and computer software arts
• Review product designs; conduct patent searching and review references for new product approval and patentability analyses
• Occasional review and editing of agreements related to intellectual property
• Work with foreign associates to guide prosecution of foreign patent applications
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Physics is required; JD required
• Must be a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications is required; this experience must include electrical subject matter; experience with optical and software subject matter is a plus
• Current or eventual admission to the Illinois Bar
• A strong academic background with excellent interpersonal and writing skills; capability of understanding and clearly explaining engineers’ technical descriptions of product designs
• Willingness and ability to take initiative on a number of legal matters of varying complexity
• Law firm experience is a plus
• World Class Experience – Employment with the industry’s leading provider of network and electrical products for broad applications, system solutions and vertical markets, all within the context of a Unified Physical Infrastructure.
• Career Development – Encouragement to seek opportunities for continued career development through on-site training programs, tuition reimbursement for college pursuits and a wide range of off-site events like workshops, seminars, conferences and professional certification courses/exams.
• Enhanced Work Life – A professional, yet comfortable working environment that allows employees to balance their work and personal lives: employee assistance (resources and information on a variety of topics like health, travel, personal finance, leisure activities, etc.), wellness programs, flex-time schedules, recreational facilities/programs and an employee credit union.
• Total Rewards – A competitive compensation package that includes no-cost life insurance, medical and dental coverage and short/long term disability.
Connect with Panduit today and enjoy excellent healthcare benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacations and holidays, and advancement opportunities.
Interested applicants should contact Fred Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Type: Small Corporation
Job Location: Tinley Park, Illinois
Are you self-motivated? Ambitious? Driven to work for a market leader? Looking for a position with a global company distinguished by its significant investments in research and development, innovative technology solutions, award-winning customer service, commitment to environmental excellence and future vision? If this seems to describe you to a tee, PANDUIT is hoping to give you the chance of a lifetime.
PANDUIT is a world-class leader in providing flexible, end-to-end solutions for the physical infrastructure that drive operational and financial advantages, allowing enterprises to mitigate risk while heightening business agility.