NXP is seeking a Patent Attorney, Licensing and Claims to work in its Intellectual Property & Licensing group.
• Developing and running patent monetization projects (from initial stage opportunity through reverse engineering and license negotiations)
• interpreting and negotiating IP license agreements
• working on IP implications of standards
• working on market and business analytics for monetization opportunities
• Managing patent sales.
• Additional responsibilities in patent acquisition, defense against inbound third party assertion, and analysis.
Requirements: 5-10 years of direct IP experience ideally gained from a combination of law firm and in-house settings. Successful candidate will have experience in IP licensing and inbound claims.
Candidate should have an electrical engineering background
• Patent licensing experience, negotiation skills, and business acumen
• Be a member of a state bar -Registered member of US Patent Bar
• 5-10 years experience in legal practice dealing with patent matters
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven record of building cross-functional relationships and fostering teamwork and collaboration
Position will require international travel.
Apply online by using this http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_nxp/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=21992&localeCode=en-us.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: San Jose, California
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security, Digital Processing and Manufacturing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, industrial, consumer, lighting, medical, computing and identification applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of USD 4.2 billion in 2011. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.