CommVault has an opportunity for a Patent Counsel located in our Oceanport, NJ office. The Patent Counsel should be experienced in software patent portfolio generation, as well as advising legal and business teams, to join our dynamic and expanding legal department.
• Prepare and prosecute high quality patent applications protecting CommVault’s products and services worldwide.
• Work closely with internal teams to identify new inventions.
• Provide IP support as a member of cross-functional legal teams in licensing, litigation, and other matters.
• Provide infringement, validity, and freedom to operate opinions based on prior art search results and other analysis.
• Identify strategic business value and market dynamics associated with various technologies and competing products.
• Closely supervise outside counsel responsible for aspects of CommVault’s patent portfolio.
• Advise internal stakeholders at various levels regarding IP issues.
• Assist in budget preparation and forecasting.
• Partner-track or equivalent in-house attorney with minimum of 4 years of intellectual property experience with a large law firm or major corporation.
• BS and/or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience in the software field; JD from a top tier ABA-approved law school.
• Prior non-legal work experience in software development is a plus.
• Proven track record of successful software patent prosecution and patent litigation or litigation support.
• Experience supporting transactional teams on general IP and M&A matters, drafting IP licenses and product development agreements, and participating in related negotiations.
• Familiarity with Open Source licensing issues
• Registered to practice before the USPTO
• Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with clients in team-oriented partnerships to achieve outstanding results
Apply online by visiting this link: http://www.commvault.com/about-us/careers/search.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Oceanport, New Jersey