Boston Scientific Corporation is seeking a Patent Counsel to work in its Arden Hills, Minnesota, offices. This person provides legal advice and service on patent, copyright, and trademark matters; evaluates patents and potential product infringement issues; prepares or oversees outside counsel's preparation of patent applications for filing in the U.S. Patent Office; and represents the company in matters relating to intellectual property law, and provides other general legal advice where required.
- Directs the company's patent, copyright, trademark and intellectual property legal work.
- Prepares or directs the preparation and prosecution of the U.S. and foreign patent and trademark applications.
- Reviews Outside Counsel work to ensure the work, methodology, and costs meet Boston Scientific’s expectations.
- As directed, reviews third party patents for product clearance issues.
- Facilitates the patent committee meetings by leading discussions, managing action items and delegating responsibility for follow-up items to committee members ensuring resolution of agenda topics.
- May supervise exempt or nonexempt employees, and manage employee career counseling, performance evaluation, discipline, and time and attendance issues when required.
- Provides legal advice in preparing and reviewing confidentiality, research, consulting, and other agreements.
- Provides advice on marketing and promotional material.
- Conducts IP related diligence on companies and/or third party patent portfolios for possible acquisition or licensing analysis.
Quality System Requirements
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable: Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy. Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- J.D. admitted to a state bar in good standing
- Registered Patent Attorney
- Strong academic background
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics or Biomedical engineering with significant electrical engineering/computer science coursework.
- Medical Device experience preferred
- At least one year of IP Litigation practice exposure
- 3-5 years of law firm or corporate department IP practice experience
- At least 2 years of experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the area of electrical and computer sciences
Apply online by visiting this link: https://career4.
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Arden Hills, Minnesota