Cargill is seeking to hire a patent lawyer at its worldwide headquarters in the Minneapolis area. This is an in-house lawyer position within Cargill's Worldwide Law Team, which is comprised of approximately 400 legal professionals (including 200+ lawyers) working in over 30 Cargill offices globally.
The lawyer filling this position will provide legal counsel to Cargill, Incorporated and its affiliates as an in-house lawyer, and will be a part of the Cargill Law Department's Intellectual Property Team. This lawyer will work closely with various Cargill businesses and its R&D Function. This lawyer will also work collaboratively with other Cargill lawyers and paralegal who provide legal counsel to Cargill worldwide as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Preparing and prosecuting patent applications, developing disclosures, and counseling inventors with a commercial focus;
- Coordinating patent activities generally, including various business unit intellectual property review team meetings, providing patentability and infringement opinions, and developing patent strategies;
- Developing, coordinating and providing training for key employees on intellectual property matters;
- Providing legal counseling to Cargill's businesses, including due diligence and the preparation and negotiation of various agreements relating to acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, technology licenses, research and development agreements, confidentiality agreements and other transactional matters; and
- Providing legal counseling and support related to pre-litigation evaluations and on-going litigation matters as they may arise
- License to practice law in Minnesota (or if currently licensed in another state the ability to become licensed in Minnesota), and registration to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, are required.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a patent lawyer is required, including significant experience drafting priority patent applications and preparing substantive office action responses.
- Bachelors of Science in chemical, biochemical, food technology, chemical engineering or biological arts is required (advanced degree or comparable work experience is helpful).
- Agreement and/or opinion experience is preferred.
- Excellent academic track record (top 25% of law school class strongly preferred).
- Strong strategic and commercial conceptual strength.
- Creative, resilient, and flexible style and approach to solving legal problems.
- Demonstrated ability to have a broad perspective and approach work with curiosity
- Ability and desire to work with diverse teams in meeting corporate goals and missions.
- Excellent communication, advocacy, and drafting skills
Apply online by visiting this link: https://cargill.taleo.net/
Employer Type: Large Corporation
Job Location: Wayzata, Minn.